Health and vitality... naturally

Correne Omland ~ Traditional Western Herbalist Student

Stouffville, Ontario ~
spiraeaherbs@gmail.com



Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Detox - Day 8

Day Eight

Good morning everyone! I can’t believe that Day 8 has come and gone already. This detox is going by so fast! I’m happy to report that my energy levels are back to where they should be. My husband and I went out for four hours yesterday hiking and harvesting herbs. I never thought we’d be able to last the day, but we survived.

The other detoxification side effects have all but gone. No more headaches, my skin has cleared up (including my eczema) and most of my cravings are under control.

Yesterday I shared my recipe for my breakfast smoothie. Today I will share one of the salads I often make for lunch.

Chickpea Salad


14 oz can garbanzo beans/chickpeas (or the equivalent in soaked/cooked beans)
4 carrots
1 bunch scallions (green onions)
1 medium cucumber
1 red bell pepper, sliced
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 tbsp lemon juice

• Thinly slice the carrots. Cut the scallions into small pieces. Thickly slice the cucumber and then cut the slices into quarters. Thinly slice the red bell pepper.

• Mix the vegetables and chickpeas in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge.

There are plenty of vegetables in this salad which are high in anti-oxidants and tons of other nutrients. The garbanzo beans are also an excellent source of vitamins and minerals as well as protein.

Thanks for reading and I’ll be back tomorrow!

Correne

No comments:

Post a Comment